Maria Guadalupe Serrano
Serrano, circa 1998
- Missing Since 10/17/1998
- Missing From Half Moon Bay, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 01/26/1970 (53)
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 5'1, 180 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A pink sweatshirt, green pants or blue jeans, and sneakers.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Black hair, brown eyes. Serrano's ears are pierced. She speaks only Spanish.
Details of Disappearance
Serrano was last seen leaving her home in Half Moon Bay, California at 2:30 p.m. on October 17, 1998. A housekeeper, she left her rented room on Cypress Street to clean a client's home on Purissima Street. She never arrived there and has never been heard from again. She disappeared on the day the Pumpkin Festival was taking place in town.
Serrano is described as a very reserved and quiet individual who spoke no English. She had moved to the United States from Mexico, leaving two young children behind in Mexico, whom she sent money to on a regular basis. Since her disappearance, her children have emigrated to the U.S. and are still hoping she will be found.
Initially, Serrano's case was investigated by the Half Moon Bay Police Department. This department no longer exists and after it was dissolved, the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office took over the case. Serrano's disappearance remains unsolved.
- San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office 650-363-4062
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 15, 2019; details of disappearance updated.