Maria Isabel Elizalde
Maria, circa 2015; Age-progression to age 22 (circa 2022)
- Missing Since 11/25/2015
- Missing From Dallas, Texas
- Classification Endangered Runaway
- Sex Female
- Race Biracial, Hispanic, Native American
- Date of Birth 05/11/2000 (23)
- Age 15 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue sweater, blue jeans and high-heeled shoes.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Hispanic/Native American) female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Maria's hair was dyed blue at the ends at the time of her disappearance. She has a scar through her right eyebrow.
Details of Disappearance
Maria disappeared from Dallas, Texas on November 25, 2015. The family was preparing the Thanksgiving meal the night before Thanksgiving Day, when Maria and her two sisters asked if they could go outside and play with the neighbors. They left the house between 7:30 and 8:00 p.m., and Maria's stepfather saw all three girls in the yard at 9:00.
A few minutes later, Maria's mother, Kathleen Rodriguez, called for her children to come inside. The other two girls did, but Maria never returned and has never been heard from again.
Maria spent most of her life in Mexico. When she was a baby, her paternal grandmother took her there and Rodriguez wasn't allowed to have contact with her for years. About a year before Maria disappeared, she was returned to Rodriguez's care after there were allegations that she had been sexually abused by a relative in Mexico. She occasionally acted out, possibly because of the sexual abuse, and once ran away from home, but she was only gone for a few hours.
On the night of her November 2015 disappearance, Maria had no money and no coat. Her mother described her as a very naive, trusting teenager. She may still be in Dallas, or she may be in Balch Springs, Texas or Cedar Hill, Texas. Although Maria is classified as a runaway, her mother believes she may be in danger. Her case remains unsolved.
- Dallas Police Department 214-744-4444
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 15, 2023; age-progression updated.