Marian Elizabeth Brown
Brown, circa 1970
- Missing Since 10/11/1970
- Missing From Sussex County, Delaware
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 46 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A sweater, a dress, shoes and a wedding ring. Carrying a brown pocketbook with her identification.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Brown was last seen cooking dinner for her two children at her home near Greenwood in Sussex County, Delaware on October 11, 1970. She has never been heard from again.
Brown's marriage was troubled and she and her husband had previously separated, but were living together again by the time of her disappearance. There were reports that she left of her own accord and went to Puerto Rico.
Investigators have a suspect in her case, a man who died in 1988. The suspect confessed Brown's murder to several individuals, but he never revealed the location of her remains and it's unclear whether he was in fact responsible. Her case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.
- Delaware State Police 302-739-5939
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 27, 2011; height, weight and clothing/jewelry description added, date of disappearance, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.