Marie Chantal Delly
Delly, circa 2010; Delly's tattoos; Mathnald Dareus
- Missing Since 05/17/2010
- Missing From Naples, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 03/05/1976 (47)
- Age 34 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'10, 220 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue polo shirt and tan or khaki pants.
- Medical Conditions Delly is a diabetic and requires medication which she may not have with her.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Delly has a large tattoo of an ornate cross and the name "Tyrese" her right arm/shoulder and a large tattoo of the name "Mathnald" on her left arm/shoulder; photos of both these tattoos are posted with this case summary. She may go by her middle name, Chantal. Delly is originally from Haiti and moved to the United States in 1984.
Details of Disappearance
Delly was last seen leaving her cashier job at Wal-Mart in the 3400 block of U.S. 41 on Tamiami Trail east in Naples, Florida at approximately 4:35 p.m. on May 17, 2010. Her husband dropped her off at work at 8:30 a.m., but he doesn't know who picked her up.
Surveillance cameras of the parking lot show her walking outside, but didn't record who she left with or whether she got into a car. She has never been heard from again.
Delly has two daughters and two living sons; a third son died in an accident in 2002. Although she had left town on two previous occasions without telling her husband, her loved ones stated she is a dedicated mother who would have never abandoned her children.
She had worked for Wal-Mart for five years before her disappearance and was considered a reliable employee. She doesn't have a driver's license, she may not have had her diabetes medication when she disappeared, and there hasn't been any activity on her bank accounts or any indication that she left the country.
Delly and her husband of several years, Mathnald Dareus, got into an argument the weekend before she went missing. They lived in an apartment off Green Boulevard. Her family stated they argued frequently and he occasionally abused her physically, something he denies.
A photo of Dareus is posed with this case summary. In October 2015, he was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in an unrelated case; he allegedly shot a man to death in an Orlando, Florida hotel parking lot. He is considered a person of interest in Delly's case as well, but hasn't been charged in connection with it.
Her disappearance is considered suspicious and the case remains unsolved.
- Collier County Sheriff's Office 941-793-9300
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 10, 2015; details of disappearance updated.