Marina Pearl Boelter
Boelter, circa 2014; Boelter's necklace
- Missing Since 12/31/2014
- Missing From Bloomfield, Indiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/15/1996 (26)
- Age 18 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 95 - 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black and purple plaid peacoat, jeans with rhinestones on the back pockets, pink and white Nike Shocks shoes with a purple swoosh outlined in black, and a cross necklace. Carrying a purse with "LOVE" written on the side. A photo of the cross necklace is posted with this case summary.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Silver, beige or gold 2009 to 2011 Mercury Milan with multi-spoke rims, a spoiler and a shark fin antenna at the top
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Boelter may wear non-prescription eyeglasses and may dye her hair reddish-brown. Her ears are pierced, she is right-handed and she has a tattoo of a star with butterfly wings on her foot. She smoked Marlboro cigarettes at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Boelter was last seen after getting off work at the IGA grocery store in Bloomfield, Indiana at 6:00 p.m. on December 31, 2014. She got into a silver, beige or gold 2009 to 2011 Mercury Milan with multi-spoke rims, a spoiler and a shark fin antenna at the top, driven by a middle-aged Caucasian male with glasses. They drove off in the direction of Boelter's apartment.
Boelter's companion, who has not been publicly identified, said she told him she would attend his house party later that evening, but she didn't want him to know where she lived and asked to be dropped off at a closed-down pizza restaurant. She has never been heard from again. When she failed to show up for work at the IGA the next day and missed a visitation with her young son, who was in foster care, she was reported missing. Her purse, phone and keys were missing from her home, and the rest of her belongings at her residence were undisturbed.
Boelter's ex-boyfriend, Douglas "D.J." Lockhart, who was the father of her son, was stabbed to death six weeks after her disappearance. Authorities stated they have found no evidence to suggest his murder was related to Boelter's disappearance.
The man who gave her a ride the night she disappeared has prior criminal convictions for abduction and rape, and a man who lived in her apartment building had once been convicted of torturing and murdering a young girl, but no suspects have been named in Boelter's case. Her disappearance remains unsolved.
- Bloomfield Police Department 812-332-4411
- Indiana State Police 812-384-4411
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 30, 2020; details of disappearance updated.