Marinthia Ann McCoy
McCoy, circa 1989
- Missing Since 09/20/1989
- Missing From Daytona Beach, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/29/1963 (59)
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0, 135 pounds
- Medical Conditions McCoy is an alcoholic.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown or blue eyes. McCoy has a large rose tattoo on her left arm. A tattoo of the Rolling Stones logo is on her chest. She has a stocky build.
Details of Disappearance
McCoy was a resident of Jacksonville, Florida at the time of her 1989 disappearance. She traveled to Daytona Beach, Florida with a male companion on September 19, 1989 and stayed overnight at the Marriott Hotel in the city. McCoy partied that night and danced in a local bar's bikini contest.
McCoy hired a limousine to go back to Jacksonville at 3:30 a.m. on September 20. The limousine driver told investigators that he dropped McCoy off in Jacksonville, but she has never been seen again.
The limousine driver, who is now in prison for bank robbery, was interviewed several times by police and has denied involvement in her disappearance. Besides the driver's account, there is no evidence that McCoy ever made it back to Jacksonville.
McCoy is twice divorced. She had a new bartending job and a son in Jacksonville who was two years old at the time of her 1989 disappearance. She left behind her newly purchased car. Foul play is suspected in her case.
- Daytona Beach Police Department 386-671-5100
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 16, 2006; details of disappearance updated.