Marion Henrietta Bowers
Bowers, circa 1984
- Missing Since 12/12/1984
- Missing From Tucson, Arizona
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 83 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white wool sweater, a white blouse, dark blue pants, black shoes and several rings. Carrying a black purse.
- Medical Conditions Bowers is hearing-impaired. She is supposed to wear Beltone hearing aids in both ears, but was wearing only one at the time of her disappearance. She in poor health at the time of her disappearance and was supposed to be taking medication for high blood pressure.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Bowers wears a full set of dentures. Some agencies spell her name "Marian" or "Marianne." She has very poor eyesight.
Details of Disappearance
Bowers was last seen in Tucson, Arizona on December 12, 1984. She lived in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico. Her son stated he drove her to the Park Mall in the 5900 block of east Broadway Boulevard in Tucson. He told authorities that he dropped his mother off at the Sears department store entrance in the mall.
Bowers's son stated that he parked his vehicle in the lot, then walked inside the store to locate his mother, but she had disappeared. He searched for six hours before reporting her missing. Bowers has never been heard from again.
No one in the mall reported having seen Bowers that day, and none of her friends in either Mexico or Tucson had heard of her plans to go to Tucson. Her case remains unsolved.
- Tucson Police Department 520-791-4444
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 6, 2019; clothing/jewelry description and medical conditions updated.