Marjorie Flewellin Wilson
Wilson, circa 1976
- Missing Since 12/04/1976
- Missing From Deltona, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 09/23/1910 (112)
- Age 66 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2, 112 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A lavender pantsuit, a peach-colored blouse and orange shoes.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Light yellow 1973 Chevrolet Impala with a brown vinyl top and the license plate number 8W-3270
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Gray hair, brown eyes. Wilson often wears eyeglasses with dark-colored plastic frames. She has a scar on her abdomen. Her nickname is Marge.
Details of Disappearance
Wilson was last seen at the Lake Monroe Inn on U.S. 17-92 in Deltona, Florida at approximately 9:00 p.m. on December 4, 1976. She and her husband were eating at the inn with friends when Wilson became ill. Her husband took her outside to their car and left her there, with the motor running and the heat turned on, while he finished eating. When he returned a few minutes later, Wilson and the car were gone.
The vehicle is a light yellow 1973 Chevrolet Impala with a brown vinyl top and the license plate number 8W-3270. Wilson knew how to drive and had a valid driver's license in 1976, but her husband stated she was afraid to drive at night and he didn't believe she would have driven away on her own.
At the time of her disappearance, Wilson was carrying less than $40 in her purse, and the car's gas tank was about half-full; it could have driven about 150 miles. The car has never been recovered.
Investigators discovered that on the night of Wilson's disappearance, another car in the Lake Monroe Inn parking lot was sideswiped and some blue paint had been scraped off. It's unknown whether it was Wilson's car that caused the accident, however, and her husband describes her as a very careful driver.
Authorities believe Wilson may have been abducted. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved. She resided in the 1000 block of Persian Drive in Deltona at the time of her disappearance.
- Seminole County Sheriff's Office 407-665-1201
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 29, 2016; picture added, distinguishing characteristics, clothing/jewelry description and details of disapppearance updated.