Mark Alan Cohen
Cohen, circa 2011
- Missing Since 05/30/2011
- Missing From Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/25/1956 (67)
- Age 55 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A polo shirt and blue denim shorts.
- Medical Conditions Cohen was depressed and may have been suicidal at the time of his disappearance.
- Associated Vehicle(s) 23-foot blue and white boat with a Polar Cuddy cabin, a 300-horsepower Yamaha outboard motor, and the Florida registration number FL4078MP, called the Good Enough
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Cohen has a scar on his left calf, a skin graft scar on his left thigh, and a ten-inch scar on his chest from open-heart surgery.
Details of Disappearance
Cohen was last seen in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida on May 30, 2011. Authorities believe he left home on his boat, the Good Enough, which was docked behind his home. It's a 23-foot blue and white vessel with a Polar Cuddy cabin, a 300-horsepower Yamaha outboard motor, and the Florida registration number FL4078MP. Cohen's wife reported him missing at 6:00 p.m.
At 8:00 p.m. that same day, the Good Enough washed up on shore in the 10900 block of Jack Nicklaus Drive on Singer Island just south of John D. MacArthur Beach State Park. The ignition was on and the throttle was in the neutral position. There was no sign of Cohen at the scene; he has never been heard from again.
Cohen was depressed over financial and marital problems at the time of his disappearance, and the day he vanished he sent his wife an email with the subject line "Letting go." Because of the circumstances of his disappearance, he is considered to be in danger. His case remains unsolved.
- Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office 561-688-4000
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 9, 2012; casefile added.