Mark Julian Oldbury Jr.
Oldbury, circa 2012
- Missing Since 02/02/2012
- Missing From Vidor, Texas
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/26/1980 (42)
- Age 31 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'10, 145 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A t-shirt and jeans.
- Medical Conditions Oldbury is addicted to drugs. He may suffer from mental illness.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Oldbury has a tattoo on his right upper arm at the shoulder. He has scars on his left index finger, lower abdomen and the right side of his left leg.
Details of Disappearance
Oldbury was last seen in Vidor, Texas on February 2, 2012. His uncle dropped him off at Mansfield Ferry Road at 4:00 p.m. so he could go on a solo fishing and camping trip. He has never been heard from again. Searchers found his clothes, shoes, backpack, wallet and fishing pole scattered over a wide area, but there was no sign of Oldbury himself.
Oldbury has a drug problem and, in mid-January 2012, he spent three days in jail on a charge of public intoxication. On January 27, less than a week before his disappearance, the police took him to the hospital for a mental health evaluation. On January 31, against his mother's wishes, the staff at the hospital deemed him well enough to go home and he was released into his uncle's care.
Oldbury's mother stated her son frequently claimed to be Jesus or King James and that he was taking bath salts, a drug that can cause delusions, hallucinations and suicidal thoughts.
In February 2013, a year after his disappearance, Oldbury's family obtained a death certificate for him and held a memorial service. Investigators believe he drowned on his fishing trip. His body has never been found.
- Orange County Sheriff's Office 409-883-2612
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 28, 2013; casefile added.