Mark Lawrence Bosworth
Bosworth, circa 2011; Bosworth's hat and sweatshirt; Bosworth wearing the hat and sweatshirt; Bosworth's shoes; Bosworth's wristband
- Missing Since 09/16/2011
- Missing From Riddle, Oregon
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/19/1957 (66)
- Age 54 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 180 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray hooded Cycle Oregon sweatshirt that says "Going Coastal," black shorts, dark-colored thermal leggings, a yellow Cycle Oregon baseball cap, a Petzl head lamp, two-tone brown Shimano bike shoes with the word "Shimano" on the outside of the heel and the letters "SPD" on the outside of the toe, a blue plastic Cycle Oregon wristband, and a black shoulder bag. Photos of the sweatshirt and hat, the shoes, the wristband, and Bosworth in those clothes are posted with this case summary.
- Medical Conditions Bosworth was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, a cancer of the blood, in 2007. He underwent chemotherapy and went into remission, but the cancer returned in his eye in 2009, and he had more chemotherapy treatments as well as radiation. Bosworth had a bone marrow transplant in April 2010 and went into remission afterwards. By the time of his disappearance, he had been complaining of severe headaches and had been confused and disoriented; his oncologist believes the lymphoma had possibly metastasized in the frontal lobe of his brain. If this scenario did in fact occur and the cancer was left untreated, Bosworth would have become increasingly confused and then die in a matter of weeks or months.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, blue eyes. Bosworth may wear prescription Converse eyeglasses with black rims for reading. He is balding and may have a short gray beard. He has two small scars on the back of his head.