Mark Wade Potts
Potts, circa 2010
- Missing Since 05/11/2010
- Missing From Claymont, Delaware
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 05/04/1965 (57)
- Age 45 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 185 pounds
- Medical Conditions Potts was suicidal at the time of his disappearance.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Black 2003 GMC Yukon with the Delaware license plate number PC478018 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Potts is right-handed. He wears eyeglasses with gold frames.
Details of Disappearance
Potts was last seen in Claymont, Delaware on May 11, 2010. He lived in the 2900 block of Green Street. He called his mother that day and said he was depressed over financial problems and felt suicidal.
His mother immediately left her Chester, Pennsylvania home and drove to Potts's residence. When she got there, however, he was no longer there, and his car was also missing. The vehicle was a black 2003 GMC Yukon with the Delaware license plate number PC478018.
At 9:35 a.m. that day, witnesses saw a man drive a car onto the Commodore Barry Bridge, get out, and jump over the side into the Delaware River. Authorities later found Potts's vehicle on the bridge with the keys inside. They never found his body, however, and he remains classified as a missing person.
- New Castle County Police Department 302-395-8171
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 14, 2011; casefile added.