Candelario, circa 2011
- Missing Since 09/22/2011
- Missing From the Bronx, New York
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight Unknown
- Medical Conditions Candelario suffers from mental illness and needs medication to control her condition.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Candelario is a citizen of the Dominican Republic.
Details of Disappearance
Candelario is originally from New York, but prior to her disappearance she moved to New Haven, Vermont due to domestic problems at home. She was living in the Sugarhouse Motel with her two children, a two-year-old and a fourteen-month-old.
Candelario left the younger child with some people in Vermont, then said she was going to the New York City borough of the Bronx to drop her older child at his father's home. She and her son were dropped off at the JetBlue terminal at the Burlington International Airport and she said she would be back in a day or so.
Candelario did drop her son off at his father's home in the Bronx and was supposed to go from there to the Dominican Embassy to get an issue with her passport corrected. On September 22, her backpack was found on a bus terminal platform in Massachusetts.
After her disappearance, a relative heard from her. Candelario said she was in New York and was being held against her will. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear and Vermont authorities are investigating.
- Vermont State Police 802-244-8781
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 20, 2016; casefile added.