Marsha Kaye Lyle
Lyle, circa 2020; Security camera image of Lyle on the day she was last seen
- Missing Since 05/08/2020
- Missing From Jasper, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 10/18/1978 (44)
- Age 41 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'4, 135 - 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Unknown, but she usually covers her hair, either with a long wig or a head wrap or scarf.
- Medical Conditions Lyle has an inoperable brain tumor which she had been living with for years prior to her disappearance. She has been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, a mental illness that has both mood- and psychosis-related symptoms.
- Associated Vehicle(s) White 2013 Toyota Yaris (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Lyle has a scar under her armpit from breast implant removal, and a scar on her abdomen from a feeding tube. She has a dog bite scare on her upper thigh. Her hair has a patch of gray in the front.
Details of Disappearance
Lyle disappeared in early May 2020. Her family had been concerned because she wasn't answering their calls and her mailbox was full, so on May 3 they asked the police to do a welfare check. The police were able to verify that Lyle was home in bed at the time and appeared to be fine. She still didn't contact her family, however.
On May 5, Lyle's mother and sister asked the property manager at Lyle's home to check on her. The property manager found her in bed and said she was "not her normal self." Later that night, neighbors saw her pack her car and drive away from home. She never returned.
Because Lyle had a joint bank account with her mother, her family was able to create a timeline of her activities based on the bank records. She stopped at a gas station in Lake Pana, Florida on May 6, and on May 7, she booked a room at the Port LaBelle Inn in LaBelle, Florida. She reserved the room for a week, but checked out the next morning.
Early on the afternoon of May 8, Lyle bought gas in Jasper, Florida. This is the last time she used her debit card. She was also sighted that day at a Walgreens pharmacy in Jacksonville, Florida. After that her whereabouts are unknown.
Two weeks after Lyle's disappearance, her white 2013 Toyota Yaris was found abandoned in the parking lot of a shopping plaza on Philips Highway in Jacksonville, Florida. She had visited a Walgreens pharmacy in the shopping plaza on May 8.
Lyle's image was caught on the Walgreens security video; a still from the video showing her entering the store is posted with this case summary. Her family said she appeared to have aged drastically and noted she was not wearing her usual head covering. She may have been en route to Clewiston, Florida, where her mother lives, or may have been trying to find her sister's former home in Orange Park, Florida.
She is a graduate of the University of Central Florida and is a devout Christian and a youth leader for the Pathfinders program at her Seventh Day Adventist church. She does not drink alcohol or date anyone, per her religious beliefs. Prior to her disappearance, she had worked in retail and was considered a good employee.
Lyle's case remains unsolved and her family doesn't think she would have gone this long without trying to contact them. Her cellular phone has never been found and may be with her.
- Russell County Sheriff's Office 334-298-6535
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 30, 2021; casefile added.