Marta Alicia Michel
Michel, circa 2013
- Missing Since 01/19/2013
- Missing From Los Angeles, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 09/10/1963 (59)
- Age 49 years old
- Height and Weight 4'11, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a gray and white horizontally striped skirt and a gray blouse.
- Medical Conditions Michel has diabetes and high blood pressure, and needs medication which she doesn't have with her.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Michel has a swollen knee and walks with a limp. She is of Salvadorian descent. She may use the alias names Sonia Escobar and/or Sonia Michel. Her left earlobe is split and she has a raised dark-colored mole on her left hand.
Details of Disappearance
Michel was last seen at a bus stop in the 2800 block of Maple Street in Los Angeles, California on January 19, 2013. She left the Casa India Restaurant on 4th and Broadway at 10:00 p.m. and was last seen waiting for a bus, alone, about two hours later. She never arrived home and has never been heard from again.
Michel's family was under the impression that she worked part-time at the Casa India Restaurant. It wasn't until after she went missing that they learned she was only a customer at the restaurant and had never worked there.
Michel wasn't carrying identification at the time of her disappearance, and she didn't own a cellular phone. She is devoted to her family and it's completely uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her family believes foul play could be a factor in her disappearance. Little information is available in her case.
- Los Angeles Police Department 213-996-1800
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 2, 2016; middle name added, distinguishing characteristics updated.