Mary Anne Alexie
Alexie, circa 2012; Alexie's tattoo
- Missing Since 10/10/2012
- Missing From Anchorage, Alaska
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Native American
- Date of Birth 11/13/1979 (43)
- Age 32 years old
- Height and Weight 4'11, 120 pounds
- Medical Conditions Alexie has a history of alcohol abuse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Native American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Alexie has a tattoo on her upper right arm; a photo of it is posted with this case summary. She may use the alias name Mary Jane Alexie or the last name McNeil.
Details of Disappearance
Alexie is from Fairbanks, Alaska and traveled to Anchorage to enroll in Alaska Career College and study to be a medical assistant. She arrived on October 9, 2012, but didn't show up for classes that day.
At 3:00 a.m. on October 10, she called her friends and said she was in the Spenard area of the city. This area is notorious for its criminal activity. Alexie was drunk, sounded disoriented and said and was lost and didn't know where to go. She has never been heard from again. She left behind four children.
Prior to her disappearance, Alexie was married to Robert Alexander McNeil Sr. The couple had a troubled marriage and domestic violence charges were filed against both of them, but McNeil hasn't been named as a suspect in her disappearance.
Alexie struggled with an alcohol problem and had been faced multiple charges of driving under the influence and disturbing the peace prior to her disappearance. She is considered to be missing under suspicious circumstances, as it's uncharacteristic of her to be out of touch with her loved ones. Her case remains unsolved.
- Anchorage Police Department 907-786-8900
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 7, 2016; medical conditions added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.