Mattie B. Wilson
Wilson, circa 2008
- Missing Since 07/30/2008
- Missing From Memphis, Tennessee
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Age 55 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'5, 106 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt and blue jeans.
- Medical Conditions Wilson has had two strokes, most recently three weeks before her disappearance. As a result she has slurred speech, walks with a limp and may suffer from memory loss.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Wilson was last seen in Memphis, Tennessee on July 30, 2008. She had suffered her second stroke and spent three weeks in the Regional Medical Center. Her daughter was trying to get her placed in a nursing home.
Wilson was discharged from the hospital without the knowledge of her family and placed in the Restoration House, a homeless shelter in the 3500 block of Dumast in the Frayser section of town. She was supposed to stay there for at least two weeks. Within an hour of her arrival, before the shelter had time to process her paperwork, Wilson went outside to smoke a cigarette. She never returned and has never been heard from again.
Wilson left behind two children and nine grandchildren. She had previously worked as a secretary for the Memphis City Council. Authorities have no leads as to her disappearance and little information is available in her case.
- Memphis Police Department 901-636-4479
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 7, 2013; casefile added.