Maureen Leianuhea Kelly
Kelly, circa 2013
- Missing Since 06/09/2013
- Missing From Cougar, Washington
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Pacific Islander
- Date of Birth 09/26/1993 (29)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 150 - 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Naked and barefoot, wearing only a fanny pack containing a knife, matches and a compass.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Pacific Islander female. Black hair, brown eyes. Kelly's nickname is Anu.
Details of Disappearance
Kelly was last seen in Cougar, Washington on June 9, 2013. She was with a group of friends at Canyon Creek Campground in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest when she left them on foot, saying she was going on a "spiritual quest" and would be back by midnight.
She took off her shoes and all her clothes and was wearing only a fanny pack when she left. She was last seen at approximately 5:00 p.m. Her friends reported her missing in the early hours of June 10.
An extensive search turned up no indication of Kelly's whereabouts. Authorities determined she crossed Canyon Creek and headed north, climbing upwards towards Forest Service 54, but they lost the trail after that. Although the weather on the day she disappeared was mild, temperatures that night dipped into the forties; without any clothes, she would have quickly succumbed to exposure.
Investigators believe it's likely Kelly died in a mishap in the wilderness, but her body has never been found and her case remains unsolved.
- Skamania County Sheriff's Office 509-427-9490
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 2, 2017; two pictures added.