Mauricio Alfonso Ortiz
Ortiz, circa 2006
- Missing Since 10/07/2006
- Missing From Corpus Christi, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 01/21/1959 (64)
- Age 47 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 125 pounds
- Medical Conditions Ortiz has a history of depression.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Ortiz has the phrase "Love Mom" tattooed on his upper left arm. His four upper front teeth are false.
Details of Disappearance
Ortiz was last seen on October 7, 2006 at the Get Happy Bar in Corpus Christi, Texas, where he worked as a bartender. He has never been heard from again. He was not reported missing until November 8, when his landlord asked his family members to clean out his apartment because Ortiz had not paid the rent.
On November 18, Ortiz's vehicle was located in the parking lot across from the courthouse. Authorities believe it had been at that location for about two weeks prior to its discovery. Unspecified indications of foul play were discovered inside the car.
Ortiz is described as a reliable worker; it is uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. He never picked up his last paycheck. Some agencies give the date of his disappearance as September 24, 2006. His case remains unsolved.
- Corpus Christi Police Department 361-886-2849
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 25, 2010; two pictures added.