Melanie Anne Davis
Davis, circa 2016
- Missing Since 05/28/2016
- Missing From Richmond, Virginia
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Age 54 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'10, 170 - 180 pounds
- Medical Conditions Davis suffers from depression and was hospitalized for it around the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Davis has several burn scars on her neck and shoulders and a tattoo of vines on her lower back. Her ears are pierced. She may use the last name Walker.
Details of Disappearance
Davis was last seen in the 3000 block of Woodrow Avenue in Richmond, Virginia on May 28, 2016. She is believed to have gotten into a white car. She suddenly disappeared, leaving her cellular phone, purse, car, checkbook and clothes behind, and her family never heard from her again.
Prior to her disappearance, Davis worked as a registered nurse with the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center. She had had to quit her job after 22 years, however, and was living off disability payments. Her sister stated she seemed depressed and mostly stayed in the house.
According to medical insurance records, after her initial disappearance Davis checked herself into a local psychiatric hospital. When she was discharged she told staff members she was going out of state, but it hasn't been confirmed that she did in fact leave Virginia. Her bank account was untouched after she went missing, except for one instance when someone out of state withdrew $10 from her account a couple of years later. This lead went nowhere, however.
Davis's family hopes she is still alive and will get in touch with them. Her case remains unsolved.
- Richmond Police Department 804-646-5125
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 15, 2021; three pictures added, details of disappearance updated.