Melissa Rose Ann Garrett
Garrett, circa 2017
- Missing Since 09/01/2017
- Missing From Ingleside, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 47 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a long-sleeved red shirt and shorts.
- Medical Conditions Garrett suffers from mental illness and needs medication to control her condition, and she had recently been a patient in a rehab facility. According to her boyfriend, she wasn't taking her medication at the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Graying brown hair, brown/hazel eyes. At the time of her disappearance, Garrett's hair was cut shorter than in the photographs above.
Details of Disappearance
Garrett's family last saw her in Ingleside, Texas on August 24, 2017. This was just before Hurricane Harvey stuck the area. Her boyfriend stated he saw her walking down the street at the corner of Baywood and Port Avenue on September 1. He said she left his house, dragging a brown suitcase. She has never been heard from again.
Garrett's daughter stated she didn't think her mother had the strength to leave her boyfriend's residence with a suitcase, and suggested if she did, she was probably planning to go to her own home a short distance away from his.
Although Garrett has mental health issues and has dropped out of sight before, investigators are concerned that she came to harm, since so long a time has passed since anyone has seen or heard from her. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.
- Ingleside Police Department 361-776-2531
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 26, 2022; details of disappearance updated.