Melvyn Walter Butzlaff
Melvyn, circa 2014
- Missing Since 08/01/2014
- Missing From Ormond Beach, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/01/1927 (96)
- Age 87 years ols
- Height and Weight 5'6, 140 pounds
- Medical Conditions Melvyn suffers from dementia.
- Associated Vehicle(s) White Lincoln
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, brown eyes. Melyvn wears prescription eyeglasses. He is balding.
Details of Disappearance
Melvyn resided with his son, Robert Butzlaff, in the 600 block of B Robin Road in Ormond Beach, Florida in 2014. According to Robert, in late August Melvyn traveled to Greenville, South Carolina with a caregiver known only as "Beverly A." She is described as Caucasian and in her seventies, and drove a white Lincoln. Robert said he never heard from his father again after that.
Prior to this, the last time anyone other than Robert had seen Melvyn was in February 2014, when his daughter, who lives in Casselberry, Florida, had contact with him. Melvyn's daughter reported him missing in November.
Authorities have been unable to locate either Melvyn or his alleged caregiver in the Greenville area, and Melvyn's cellular phone has been turned off. The circumstances surrounding his disappearance are unclear.
- Volusia County Sheriff's Office 888-277-8477
- Ormond Beach Police Department 386-677-0731
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 14, 2015; casefile added.