Michael Anthony McClain
McClain, circa 2019; McClain on the night of his disappearance; Some of McClain's tattoos
- Missing Since 04/20/2019
- Missing From Nashua, New Hampshire
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 02/05/1990 (33)
- Age 29 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 190 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black t-shirt with a white logo, jeans, red and white sneakers, one or two gold chain necklaces, a bracelet and watch. A photo of McClain in those clothes on the night of his disappearance is posted with this case summary.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. McClain's hair was styled in braids or cornrows at the time of his disappearance, and he had a goatee. He may wear green-tinted contact lenses, and his ears are pierced. He has multiple tattoos on his arms and hands, including waves, the name "Justise", and a design of a snake, a cross, a basketball and the letter M. He also has tattoos on his chest. Photos of some of his tattoos are posted with this case summary. McClain's nicknames are Mike and MikeNice.
Details of Disappearance
McClain was last seen in Nashua, New Hampshire on April 21, 2019. He was at the Tropical Lounge on Hollis Street with friends. While McClain and his friends were at the nightclub, there was an altercation in the parking lot between two women, one of whom McClain knew. He tried to de-escalate the situation, but the crowd didn't disperse until the police arrived at 1:45 a.m., and Eldridge became separated from his friends afterwards.
After leaving the Tropical Lounge, McClain called his boss and said, "They’re after me. More than one." He also sent three texts to a neighbor, reading "HELP LOL OUR", "what stood aloof" and "Eldridge bro". Due to the garbled nature of the texts, authorities believe he was using text dictation at the time. "Eldridge" may have been a reference to Eldridge Street, which is near the nightclub.
He was sighted on video surveillance at a McDonald's restaurant at about 2:00 a.m., and then entering and exiting a parking garage at Riverfront Landing in the area of Bancroft Street and the Merrimack River at 3:30 a.m. This is the last sighting of him.
The next day, McClain didn't show up for work, which is uncharacteristic of his behavior. He didn't contact his mother or grandmother over the Easter holiday weekend, or call his sister on her birthday, and all calls placed to his phone went directly to voicemail. He has never been heard from again.
McClain has a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from Hesser College, which is now called Mount Washington College. At the time of his disappearance, he worked for Easterseals New Hampshire, a nonprofit organization that provides resources for people with disabilities, veterans and senior citizens. His job involved working with autistic children. His case remains unsolved.
- Nashua Police Department 603-594-3500
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 16, 2021; casefile added.