Michael Austin Davis
Davis, circa 2007
- Missing Since 06/26/2007
- Missing From Jacksonville, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/24/1981 (42)
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'8, 160 - 180 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark-colored t-shirt, jeans, Vann shoes and a Kenneth Cole watch.
- Medical Conditions Davis was depressed at the time of his disappearance and may have been suicidal.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Davis goes by his middle name, Austin. He has a scar on the right side of his face, about an inch long, that runs from his cheek to his lip. He also has facial dimples. He wears contact lenses.
Details of Disappearance
Davis was last seen in Jacksonville, Florida on June 26, 2007. That day, he called his employer, Megabytes Computers, and said he was taking the day off to take care of some personal business. He took a taxicab away from his sister's home that morning.
The cab took him to Jax Jewelry and Pawn Shop, where he purchased a shotgun, put it in a duffel bag and left on foot. He left behind all his possessions, including his bookbag, laptop and a blank check from his father. He may have been carrying about $1,000 in cash on him when he disappeared.
Two weeks before he disappeared, Davis had been arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession and driving on a suspended license. His car was impounded and he was booked into jail for the night, then was bailed out by a relative. His license had been suspended for failure to pay traffic tickets.
He attempted to pay the tickets after he was released from jail, but had difficulty doing so because they had been issued in Tallahassee, Florida and he was without transportation. His loved ones believe he may have gotten a ride to Tallahassee with an unknown friend on the day of his disappearance. Davis was upset and ashamed about being arrested. He spoke with some friends about getting medical attention for his depression.
On July 5, a witness reported seeing a man matching Davis's description at a car lot on U. S. 27. He asked for water, and said he had not eaten in two days. The witness gave him some food and water. The man may have been hitchhiking and said he was trying to find a hospital or other facility to treat his depression. It has not been confirmed that this individual was Davis, however.
Davis is described as a kind, loving, well-mannered man who was close to his family in 2007. He is good with computers and enjoys fishing. His loved ones stated he smoked marijuana occasionally but did not use other illegal drugs.
There has been no activity on Davis's cellular phone or bank accounts since he went missing. His family fears he may have taken his own life. His disappearance remains unsolved.
- Jacksonville Sheriff's Office 904-630-0500
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 28, 2020; picture added, distinguishing characteristics and clothing/jewelry description updated.