Michael Glenn Chambers

Chambers, circa 2017

  • Missing Since 03/10/2017
  • Missing From Quinlan, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 70 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'10 - 6'3, 220 - 230 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A possible blue Dallas Fire and Rescue t-shirt, blue sweatpants, a blue Dallas Fire and Rescue baseball cap and a black watch.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, blue eyes. Chambers had a mustache and goatee at the time of his disappearance. He wears eyeglasses with metal frames and lenses that tint in the sunlight. He has a small scar on his upper lip, surgical scars on his right knee, and scars on both shoulders.

Details of Disappearance

Chamber was last seen in Quinlan, Texas on March 10, 2017. He went to Walmart at 11:00 a.m., purchased some makeup for his wife and some other items, then returned to his residence in the 7000 block of FM 2101 to work in his home workshop where he restored cars as a hobby. He has never been heard from again and a trail of blood spots, confirmed by DNA to be Chambers's blood, was later found in the workshop.

His wife, who last spoke to him at 8:00 a.m., reported him missing after she arrived home from work that night and the house was empty. There were no indications of a struggle, and it's not clear whether Chambers was forcibly abducted or whether he injured himself in his workshop and left seeking help. Authorities stated that the blood trail in the workshop could have been staged.

All of Chambers's vehicles were left behind at home, as were his keys and wallet, but his cellular phone, driver's license and some cash was missing. Investigators believe he went missing sometime between 12:00 and 3:00 p.m.

Shortly after Chambers's disappearance, his wife removed him from their cellular phone plan, sold his collection of restored classic cars, and had him declared legally dead. She stated she was struggling financially. Chambers's adoptive son had recently argued with him about money, and he was questioned by police and took a polygraph. He passed the polygraph and had an alibi for the time his father disappeared.

Chambers's wife attempted to take a polygraph in her husband's case in June 2017, but due to prescription medications she was taking, the test could not be completed. Authorities discovered she'd had multiple affairs during her marriage; she said her husband knew about this but never confronted her.

Police traced Chambers's cellular phone signal to a bridge on Lake Tawakoni, seventeen miles from his home. The signal switched off at about 5:53 a.m. the day he disappeared. Investigators speculated he rode a bike out there and jumped off the bridge in a suicide. However, Chambers's only bicycle was in disrepair and was left behind at home, his loved ones don't think he could have ridden a bike that far because he had bad knees, and divers found no sign of his body under the bridge.

His case remains unsolved and the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.

Investigating Agency

  • Hunt County Sheriff's Office 903-453-6800

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 11, 2021; casefile added.