Michael Jermaine Lawson
Lawson, circa 2013
- Missing Since 01/24/2013
- Missing From Pensacola, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 10/16/1981 (41)
- Age 31 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 160 - 174 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt, blue jeans, gray and turquoise shoes and a Charlotte Hornets hat.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Silver 1997 Honda Civic (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, green eyes. Lawson's nicknames are Mon'd (sometimes spelled "Mond" or "Monde") and Munchkin, and he may go by his middle name, Jermaine. He has the following tattoos: the numbers "9.8.75" on his left arm, a money bag with the phrase "can't knock the hustle" on his left arm, the name "Jaquita" on the top of his left hand, an alien with dreadlocks on his left shoulder, an angel with flames and dollar signs on his right arm, the name "Duane" on the top of his right hand and the numbers "9.21.78" on his right hand.
Details of Disappearance
Lawson was last seen in the Grocery Outlet parking lot in the 10 block of Brent Lane in Pensacola, Florida at approximately 7:30 p.m. on January 24, 2013. He has never been heard from again. His silver 1997 Honda Civic was found abandoned in the parking lot, still running with the keys in the ignition. He has never been heard from again.
Lawson is a known drug dealer with prior convictions for cocaine and marijuana sale as well as battery, assaulting a police officer and driving offenses, and served several terms in prison. He was released for the final time in October 2012, after serving a 16-month sentence.
His family believes that he was abducted and that his disappearance is possibly related to the drug-related shooting on January 10 that led to the death of one man and the wounding of two others. Lawson's cousin was arrested in connection with the incident. Although Lawson and his cousin were close, authorities aren't convinced there is a connection between the disappearance and the shooting.
Lawson's fiance, who is the mother of this two children, stated he had gotten a job and was trying to straighten his life out, and his family stated that in spite of his criminal past it's uncharacteristic of him to be out of touch with them. His case remains unsolved.
- Escambia County Sheriff's Office 850-433-7867
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 8, 2019; two pictures added.