Michael John Delaney
Delaney, circa 1999
- Missing Since 10/27/1999
- Missing From Pierce County, Washington
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/20/1964 (58)
- Age 35 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 190 - 200 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) 1982 Datsun pickup truck (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Delaney had a mustache and goatee at the time of his disappearance. He has previously fractured his wrist.
Details of Disappearance
Delaney was released from the Pierce County Jail in Pierce County, Washington on October 27, 1999. He had been held there for two days for a traffic violation. He disappeared sometime afterward; it is uncertain at what date. His family reported him missing in early February 2001.
Delaney's car, a 1982 Datsun pickup truck, was found in April 2000, six months after his disappearance. It parked near his home in the 1300 block of south J Street in Tacoma, Washington.
Delaney is an avid gun enthusiast and may frequent gun shops and air shows. He is missing under suspicious circumstances and foul play is suspected in his case.
Before he disappeared, he told his family he was involved in a heated dispute with another man. It is unknown whether the disagreement had anything to do with his going missing. Delaney's case remains unsolved.
- Tacoma Police Department 253-591-5959
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 19, 2022; picture added.