Michael Omas Masaoay
Michael, circa 1989; Age-progression to age 40 (circa 2012)
- Missing Since 01/25/1989
- Missing From San Francisco, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Asian
- Date of Birth 06/25/1972 (50)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'1, 150 - 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black Adidas jacket, a purple shirt, blue corduroy trousers and white leather high-top Converse sneakers. Carrying a dark blue duffel bag with schoolbooks and a clarinet inside.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Asian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Michael has white scars covering his body. He is of Filipino descent.
Details of Disappearance
Michael was a junior at Sacred Heart High School in San Francisco, California in 1989. He packed his schoolbooks and clarinet and left home to go to school at 7:30 a.m. on January 25, 1989.
Michael never arrived at school, and his parents later learned the school had been closed that day; it's possible he was unaware of this. He was sighted later that morning in the vicinity of Ninth and Harrison Streets, and in the afternoon at Seventh and Market Streets. Both times he appeared to be alone. He never returned home and has never been heard from again.
On February 21, a couple found Michael's school bag under a rock at the northern end of Baker Beach in San Francisco, on the rocks below Cliff House; this was a favorite family fishing spot. The couple went to the police in early March after they heard about Michael's disappearance in the news, and park rangers recovered the bag from the beach at that time. It contained part of Michael's clarinet.
There has been no further sign of Michael since 1989. His parents stated he was a good student and performed in the school band. His case remains unsolved and is classified as a non-family abduction due to lack of information.
- San Francisco Police Department 415-558-5515
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 12, 2019; picture added.