Michael P. McAvoy
McAvoy, circa 1999
- Missing Since 01/13/1999
- Missing From Kansas City, Missouri
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/14/1957 (66)
- Age 41 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 225 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A baseball cap, work jeans and work boots.
- Medical Conditions McAvoy has a neurological problem and is disabled as a result of his condition. He was depressed at the time of his 1999 disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. McAvoy may have a mustache, beard or a goatee. He wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
McAvoy was last seen at his home in the vicinity of the 7700 block of Summit in Kansas City, Missouri. He lived alone, but due to his neurological problems, his family kept in very close contact with him. McAvoy's father went to visit him on January 13, 1999 and found that a new washing machine, dryer and refrigerator had been delivered to the residence. McAvoy cooked dinner and dessert for his father.
The next day, when his brother came to check on him, McAvoy had vanished. A meal was laid out and ready to eat, as if he had left unexpectedly and had not intended to be gone long. His family continued checking on his residence without result for a week before reporting him missing.
Foul play is suspected in McAvoy's disappearance. He left his pet dog and cats unattended, which his loved ones say is very uncharacteristic of him. He has never been heard from again.
- Kansas City Police Department 816-234-5136
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 16, 2005.