Michael Ralph Brougham
Brougham, circa 2010; Gold scorpion pendant similar to what Brougham was wearing; Brougham's tattoo
- Missing Since 06/25/2010
- Missing From Belchertown, Massachusetts
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/24/1955 (67)
- Age 54 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'6, 190 - 220 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A heavy gold chain with a scorpion pendant about 1 3/4 inches long. It has a diamond on the tip of the tail. A photo of a similar pendant is posted with this case summary.
- Medical Conditions Brougham has diabetes and coronary artery disease, and he had coronary bypass surgery shortly before his disappearance. He needs medication which he doesn't have with him.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Pickup truck and motorcycle (both accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Dark brown hair, blue eyes. Brougham's nickname is Mickey. He has a large surgical scar on his sternum and a tattoo of a wolf on his left upper arm at the shoulder; a photo of the tattoo is posted with this case summary. Brougham has Dupuytren's contracture on the third and fourth fingers of both his hands; those fingers are bent towards the palm and can't extend fully.
Details of Disappearance
Brougham was last seen in Belchertown, Massachusetts at 2:00 p.m. on June 25, 2010. His nephew, a police officer, saw him driving his truck and they spoke to each other before Brougham continued on. He apparently planned to attend a NASCAR race at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway racetrack in Loudon, New Hampshire. He has never been heard from again.
He wallet, containing his identification and credit cards, was found across Route 106 from the speedway two days later, and his cellular phone was used in the area that same day. His phone and watch were found about a mile from where his wallet had been, near the north side of the speedway complex.
Brougham left his pickup truck and motorcycle at his home in the 100 block of Jabish Street in Belchertown, and no one actually saw him at the racetrack. It's unclear whether he ever actually arrived there, and his family doesn't believe he did.
Brougham owned a business, Michael Brougham Excavating, which was founded by his father. He is unmarried and childless, and at the time of his disappearance he lived alone with his pet cat. He didn't lay out extra food for his cat and didn't make arrangements for anyone to take care of it, an indication that he didn't plan to be gone for long. He was close to his family and it's uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning.
Although investigators stated there was no evidence of foul play in his disappearance, his loved ones are afraid for his safety. His case remains unsolved.
- Belchertown Police Department 413-323-6655
- Massachusetts State Police 413-586-5150
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 27, 2022; picture added, distinguishing characteristics updated.