Michael Ray Askren
Michael, circa 1981; Age-progression to age 50 (circa 2014)
- Missing Since 08/06/1981
- Missing From Rosemead, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/04/1964 (58)
- Age 17 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 145 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray sweatshirt shirt with cut-off sleeves, turquoise pants and sneakers with ink markings.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Michael has facial acne scars. His left ear is pierced and has a half-inch scar, and he has a scar from a hernia operation. His left elbow is bowed from a prior break. Michael's nickname is Mike.
Details of Disappearance
Michael was last seen at his home in Rosemead, California on August 6, 1981, two days after his seventeenth birthday. His parents were separated and he lived with his grandparents, while his mother lived in an apartment nearby with his younger brother. He left home at 6:00 p.m. to go for a ride with a friend, and has never been heard from again. His friend said he dropped Michael off at home, but no one else saw him.
Michael was originally thought to be a runaway, but he had no prior history of runaway behavior and would always let his loved ones know if he was going to be late. He left all his belongings behind, including the new clothes he'd gotten for his upcoming school year, and had only $30 in cash when he left home.
Now he is considered to be missing under suspicious circumstances and the possible victim of a homicide. His case remains unsolved.
- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 16, 2019; picture added, details of disappearance updated.