Michelle Ngan Ho Chan
Chan, circa 1999
- Missing Since 10/09/1999
- Missing From Fremont, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Asian
- Date of Birth 09/30/1968 (54)
- Age 31 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 138 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A long-sleeved gray shirt with an image of a black cross on the front, black leggings and brown shoes. Carrying a brown backpack.
- Medical Conditions Chan was seven months pregnant at the time of her October 1999 disappearance. She was scheduled to deliver her baby in December 1999. Chan was depressed at the time she was last seen.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Asian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Chan may use the name Michelle Nagan Ho Wong. She is of Chinese descent.
Details of Disappearance
Chan was last seen leaving her family's residence in Fremont, California on October 9, 1999. She was going for her daily walk at the time. She never returned home and has not been seen again.
Chan vanished three times prior to her October 1999 disappearance; she returned to her residence of her own accord each time. She was suffering from depression and was due to deliver her second child in December 1999. She said that she slept under a tree in an area near Mission Boulevard and Paseo Padre Parkway in Fremont when she left her home in late September 1999. Chan returned to her house shortly thereafter, saying she needed time alone to think about her life.
Chan's husband reported her missing for the fourth time on October 9, 1999, but a search of the area uncovered no evidence as to Chan's whereabouts. Authorities checked the surrounding hospitals, but she had not been admitted as a patient. Chan's case remains unsolved.
- Fremont Police Department 510-790-6800