Mildred Patricia Zentner
Mildred, circa 1964
- Missing Since 08/28/1964
- Missing From Garden City, Michigan
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/17/1936 (87)
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 126 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Mildred has calcium buildup on her right wrist. She wears eyeglasses. Her nickname is Millie.
Details of Disappearance
Mildred and her daughter, Patricia, were last seen in Garden City, Michigan on August 28, 1964. Mildred's husband of six years, Jesse Zentner Jr., said he had spanked Patricia and he and Mildred got into an argument about it, and when he came home later he found his wife and daughter gone.
Some personal items disappeared with them, including Patricia's potty's chair, but their clothing was left behind at home. Mildred reportedly left a typewritten note for Jesse, which he tore up.
Mildred and Patricia have never been heard from again. Two weeks after their disappearances, Jesse drove to Pennsylvania to ask his parents-in-law if they'd heard from either of them. Mildred's parents reported her and the child missing at that time.
The investigation into the Zentners' disappearances was reopened in 2004. Police excavated Mildred and Jesse's former home in the 1200 block of Deering, but didn't find any evidence. Jesse is now retired and lives in Florida.
Mildred's parents both died in the 1980s, but her sister is still alive and searching for her and Patricia. The circumstances of their disappearances are unclear.
- Garden City Police Department 734-793-1700
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 27, 2011; casefile added.