Nancy Lee Meither
Meither, circa 2018
- Missing Since 09/28/2018
- Missing From Panama City Beach, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/09/1952 (71)
- Age 66 years old
- Height and Weight 5'1, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black and white or black and silver one-piece swimsuit. Carrying a silver 32-ounce Yeti cup.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green ey es.
Details of Disappearance
Meither is from Dry Ridge, Kentucky and was on vacation with her husband in Panama City Beach, Florida when she disappeared on September 28, 2018. They were staying in a rented condo at Sunbird Condominiums in the 9800 block of south Thomas Drive. On the evening of September 28, they went to the beach to watch the sunset.
At 10:00 p.m., Meither's husband went up to the condo, leaving his wife on the beach. She has never been heard from again. Witnesses reported seeing a woman matching Meither's description standing in the water about a hundred feet offshore at sundown. Her husband realized she was missing when he woke up later that night and realized she'd never come back to the condo. Her chair was left on the beach, but the cup she had been drinking from was missing.
According to Meither's son, she was not the kind of person to either wander off on her own or go swimming in the ocean by herself. Investigators believe she may have drowned.
- Panama City Beach Police Department 850-233-5000
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 18, 2019; casefile added.