Nathaniel Lee Melancon
Melancon, circa 2022; Melancon's car; Melancon's tattoos
- Missing Since 03/29/2022
- Missing From Grand Coteau, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 08/28/1985 (37)
- Age 36 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 200 - 240 pounds
- Medical Conditions Melancon may have been depressed at the time of his disappearance.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dark burgundy 2009 Honda Accord with the license plate number 544 BFC and no hubcaps (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Brown eyes. Melancon is bald. He had a short black and gray beard and a thin mustache at the time of his disappearance. He has a tattoo on his right forearm of the word "Knowledge", a tattoo on the back of his right hand, a tattoo on his left upper arm of a cross with the word "Judge" above it and the word "One" below, and tattoos on the backs of both hands. Photos of his tattoos are posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Melancon was last seen on Savoie Lane in Grand Coteau, Louisiana on March 29, 2022. He has never been heard from again. On April 22, his vehicle, a dark burgundy 2009 Honda Accord with the license plate number 544 BFC and no hubcaps, was found abandoned on State Route Highway 975, just off of Highway 190 in the Krotz Springs area. This is in Point Coupee Parish, Louisiana. A photo of the car is posted wtih this case summary.
Authorities learned an unidentified person used Melancon's credit card at a McDonald's restaurant and a gas station around the time he disappeared. Police think this person may have been responsible for Melancon's disappearance.
Melancon's father stated the last time he saw his son, Melancon appeared to be depressed. His father offered to take him to get help for this, but Melancon refused assistance and left. It's uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning or be out of touch with his family, and they believe he was murdered. His case remains unsolved.
- St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office 337-584-8484
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 8, 2023; casefile added.