Nieko Anthony Lisi

Lisi, circa 2011; Lisi's tattoos

  • Missing Since 10/01/2011
  • Missing From Addison, New York
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 03/11/1993 (31)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'10 - 5'11, 160 - 170 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black hooded sweatshirt, red shorts, sneakers and a silver crucifix necklace.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Gray 2004 GMC Canyon pickup truck with the New York license plate number EGY 7316 (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Lisi's right big toenail was surgically removed due to an ingrowth and infection, but it has since grown back. He has an unfinished tattoo of a guardian angel and a crescent moon on the left side of his ribcage and abdomen. He also has four Chinese symbols tattooed on the back of his upper right arm and a tattoo on his right side of a large kneeling woman with a devil's tail. Photos of some of Lisi's tattoos are posted with this case summary. He has a five-inch scar on his left shin from a cut that needed stitches, a strawberry birthmark between his shoulder blades and a round scar in his occipital area on his head that required staples.

Details of Disappearance

Lisi was last seen in Addison, New York on September 30, 2011. He and a 20-year-old friend, Robert Nicholas Neil Knight III, stopped at Lisi's uncle's home at 2:00 p.m. and said they were going to Buffalo, New York to possibly go camping.

They were driving a gray 2004 GMC Canyon pickup truck with the New York license plate number EGY 7316. They said they'd borrowed from Knight's grandfather, but Knight's grandfather doesn't own such a vehicle.

Lisi had phone contact with his family the next day, October 1. He may have been sighted in the Franklin/Nashville area of Tennessee that day. His phone pinged off a cell tower in Franklin at or near a residence on Flintlock Drive at 4:08 p.m.; this was the last signal from it.

Lisi had lived with relatives in Franklin in 2009 and attended the eleventh grade at Franklin High School for a few months before he moved back to New York. He has never been seen or heard from again.

On the morning of October 1, Knight arrived at his parents' home in Romulus, Michigan. He said Lisi had dropped him off there, but no one actually saw Lisi.

On October 3, Lisi's mother got his driver's license in the mail. Someone had found it on a street in Hornell, New York, about fifteen minutes from Lisi's home, and mailed it back. His mother, who was already worried because she hadn't heard from her son in several days, got even more concerned after receiving the license. Lisi's Facebook page had been shut down without warning around that same time.

Lisi's family reported him missing on October 5, and the Michigan police questioned Knight on October 8. While he was being interviewed, the police decided to take him to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

Knight was released from the hospital the next day. At 8:00 p.m. on October 10, he was found dead of a drug overdose at his parents' home. Authorities haven't said whether they think Knight's death is related to Lisi's disappearance.

The pickup truck Lisi had been driving in when he vanished could not be found after his disappearance. In July 2016, four and a half years after Lisi's disappearance, authorities finally located it, completely stripped down and locked inside a garage in a private home in Franklin, Tennessee. Foul play is suspected in Lisi's case, which remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency

  • New York State Police Troop E 607-776-6866

Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 4, 2019; three pictures added.