Olga Vyacheslav Segal
Segal, circa 2016
- Missing Since 11/24/2016
- Missing From Berkeley, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/06/1965 (57)
- Age 51 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 145 pounds
- Medical Conditions Segal suffers from depression.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Small red collapsible bicycle
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Segal's nickname is Olya. She was born in Russia and speaks English with a Russian accent.
Details of Disappearance
Segal was last seen sweeping the walkway outside her apartment in the 1900 block of Berryman Street in Berkeley, California on the morning of November 24, 2015, Thanksgiving Day. A family she baby-sat for had invited her to spend the holiday with them, but she never showed up and has never been heard from again.
After her disappearance was reported, her ex-husband, whom she kept in regular touch with, broke into her apartment and found a suicide note. Segal's small, collapsible red bicycle was missing from her home, and there has been no sign of her since.
Segal is a licensed architect in her native Russia and graduated from the St. Petersburg Academy of Art there. She has made and sold jewelry and enjoys painting. She taught watercolor painting classes for adults, ran a youth arts program at a local church, and created and sold greeting cards. She also baby-sat regularly for several local families. Her case remains unsolved.
- Berkeley Police Department 510-981-5938
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 3, 2017; seven pictures and medical conditions added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.