Omar Jabree Gibson
Gibson, circa 2012
- Missing Since 07/25/2012
- Missing From Gainesville, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 04/23/1986 (37)
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10 - 5'11, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A tank top, long shorts (possibly denim), Jordan slippers, a gold chain with a cross and a gold chain with a medallion reading "Stokey" which is possibly surrounded by diamonds.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dark blue 2003 Honda Accord (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Gibson has a tattoo on his left forearm of a flower (possibly a rose) with a cross and the name "Dorothy Ferguson."
Details of Disappearance
Gibson was last seen at the Palms of Brook Valley apartment complex in the 1100 block of northwest 39th Avenue in Gainesville, Florida at 9:30 p.m. on July 25, 2012. He didn't live there; his address was in the 1100 block southeast 20th Street. He has never been heard from again.
Two days later, his dark blue 2003 Honda Accord was found abandoned at the Palms of Brook Valley apartment complex where he'd been last seen.
Maurice Marsalis Terry was the last person to see Gibson before his disappearance. In September 2012, he was arrested on a drug conspiracy charge. Terry told investigators he and Gibson planned to buy three pounds of cocaine from an unidentified individual at the apartment complex the night Gibson disappeared.
To avoid a possible robbery, the plan was that Gibson would purchase the drugs, then give them to Terry, who was waiting at a nearby school. Terry would then take the cocaine home. Terry claimed Gibson never showed up to deliver the drugs.
It's uncharacteristic of Gibson to leave without warning, but the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear. His case remains unsolved.
- Gainesville Police Department 352-334-2411
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 5, 2018; picture added.