Pamela Sue Hobley
Pamela, circa 1969; Age-progression to age 57 (circa 2011)
- Missing Since 10/31/1969
- Missing From Oscoda, Michigan
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/25/1954 (69)
- Age 15 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'8, 100 - 115 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A three-quarter-length white imitation fur coat with brown trim, a long-sleeved blouse with ruffled cuffs, a brown and white plaid skirt, white knee socks, and chunky shoes with a thick heel.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Pamela has a scar on the bridge of her nose and a scar or birthmark on the left corner of her mouth. Her nickname is Pam.
Details of Disappearance
Pamela was last seen in Oscoda, Michigan on October 31, 1969, the day of their high school's homecoming football game. She and another student, Patricia Spencer, may have skipped their afternoon classes at school. The two girls knew each other but weren't friends. They did plan to attend the homecoming game and Halloween party that night.
They were walking together on River Road away from the school, towards the business district, when a passing motorist picked them up and gave them a ride to a gas station at River Road and Interstate 23. Neither of them has ever been heard from again. The driver who picked the girls up has been cleared as a suspect.
Patricia and Pamela weren't carrying their purses or identification with them at the time of their disappearances. At first authorities thought they had run away, possibly to the Flint, Michigan area, but they reconsidered this theory after weeks passed without contact.
Pamela's sister never believed she'd run away; she stated Pamela was happy with her life and had recently gotten engaged. Foul play is suspected in their cases, which remain unsolved.
- Oscoda Township Police Department
Updated 9 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 15, 2019; details of disappearance updated.