Parris Lechelle Hopson
Hopson, circa 2019
- Missing Since 12/25/2019
- Missing From Massillon, Ohio
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2, 220 - 230 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black pea coat, a magenta shirt with purple stripes, blue jeans, and tall black boots with gold buckles. Carrying a black bag.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Hopson's ears are pierced. She has her name and a pair of lips tattooed on her chest, a rose tattooed on her foot and ankle, and an unspecified tattoo on her upper back by her neck.
Details of Disappearance
Hopson was last seen in Massillon, Ohio on Christmas Day, 2019. She lived with her mother in Columbus, Ohio and was visiting family in Massillon, where she grew up, for the holiday. During a family gathering at her grandparents' home on Shriver Avenue southeast, she appeared anxious and was pacing back and forth.
Just after 2:30 p.m., she left to go for a walk in the neighborhood to clear her head. She may have planned to walk to a Shriver Park, which was nearby on Third Street. She left all her belongings behind, including her car, wallet, credit cards and cellular phone, and has never been heard from again.
In 2017, Hopson's brother was critically injured in a car accident when another driver caused a head-on collision and then fled the scene. Hopson's brother remained on life support for months until his death in 2018, at the age of 23. He was her only sibling. The other driver was never identified, and Hopson had been trying to find out who he was. It's unclear whether her brother's death is related to her disappearance.
According to her family, Hopson wasn't involved with drugs, didn't suffer from mental illness, and her family said she had no reason to walk out of her life. She is a graduate of Washington High School and Cleveland State University and worked in an administrative position for an insurance company at the time she went missing. She had previously worked as an event planner.
Hopson's cousin stated Hopson was dating a man who had been trying to alienate her from her loved ones, but it's unclear whether this man was involved in her case. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear and her case remains unsolved.
- Massillon Police Department 330-830-1735
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 22, 2021; casefile added.