Patrice Lynae Smith
Smith, circa 2012; Michael Robinson
- Missing Since 03/24/2012
- Missing From Little Rock, Arkansas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 11/16/1983 (39)
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'2, 160 - 170 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A purple v-neck shirt, dark-colored jeans or light blue capri pants, and purple and black or purple and white Nike sneakers with a gray swoosh.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Gray or brown 2004 Ford Explorer with tinted windows and Arkansas Fish & Game license plates numbered GIYAH or GFYIH
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Smith's nicknames are Treecie and Trice. Her ears are pierced and she has a small mole on her cheek above her lip. She has tattoos on both arms, both wrists, her chest and her right hand, including a rose on the upper right side of her chest, the name "Autumn" between her right thumb and index finger, and the name "Ray-Ray" on her right arm. Smith has previously broken her arm.
Details of Disappearance
Smith was last seen leaving her sister's Little Rock, Arkansas home at 11:30 p.m. on March 24, 2012. She was accompanied by her boyfriend, Michael Curtis Robinson, at the time of her disappearance.
They were driving a gray or brown 2004 Ford Explorer with tinted windows and Arkansas Fish & Game license plates numbered GIYAH or GFYIH. Smith has never been heard from again and the vehicle has not been recovered.
The couple, who had only been dating for a few months, had a history of domestic violence, and Smith had an order of protection against Robinson.
He was charged with kidnapping and aggravated assault on March 6 and was released from jail that same day on a $250 bond. The victim in that case was Smith; he had attacked her, broken her hand or wrist, and held her at gunpoint for over twelve hours. She escaped after he went out to get food.
A photo of Robinson is posted with this case summary. Authorities stated he often carried a gun, had a criminal record for drug and weapons-related offenses, and had been jailed at least 11 times since 2000. One of his neighbors in the 11200 block of Mara Lynn Drive supposedly overheard him and Smith arguing at his apartment at 1:00 a.m. on March 25.
Robinson dropped out of sight at the same time Smith did, but five months later he was located in North Little Rock, Arkansas and arrested on charges unrelated to Smith's case. He hasn't provided any information that could led to her whereabouts.
Robinson is now serving a five-year prison term for the assault he committed against Smith a few weeks prior to her disappearance. He will become eligible for release in 2026.
Smith was halfway through a three-year term of probation when she disappeared, and after her disappearance she was listed as an absconder and a warrant was issued for her arrest. However, investigators don't believe she's running from the law; they believe foul play could have been involved in her case.
It would be uncharacteristic of Smith to abandon her daughter. Her case remains unsolved.
- Little Rock Police Department 501-371-4660
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 9, 2022; details of disappearance updated.