Patricia Ann Spencer
Patricia, circa 1969; Age-progression to age 60 (circa 2013)
- Missing Since 10/31/1969
- Missing From Oscoda, Michigan
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/10/1953 (70)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'4, 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray/greed plaid jacket, a brown sweater, a matching brown tweed or plaid skirt, brown shoes with a thick heel, and a silver necklace with a peace symbol pendant.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Patricia is supposed to wear glasses, but she wasn't wearing them at the time of her disappearance. Her nickname is Patty. She has a dog bite scar on one of her legs.
Details of Disappearance
Patricia was last seen in Oscoda, Michigan on October 31, 1969, the day of their high school's homecoming football game. She and another student, Pamela Hobley, may have skipped their afternoon classes at school. The two girls knew each other but weren't friends. They did plan to attend the homecoming game and Halloween party that night.
They were walking together on River Road away from the school, towards the business district, when a passing motorist picked them up and gave them a ride to a gas station at River Road and Interstate 23. Neither of them has ever been heard from again. The driver who picked the girls up has been cleared as a suspect.
Patricia and Pamela weren't carrying their purses or identification with them at the time of their disappearances. At first authorities thought they had run away, possibly to the Flint, Michigan area, but they reconsidered this theory after weeks passed without contact. Foul play is suspected in their cases, which remain unsolved.
- Oscoda Township Police Department 989-739-9113
Updated 10 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 15, 2019; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.