Patrick Norman Chapman
Chapman, circa 2020; Chapman's tattoo; Chapman's Ford Escort
- Missing Since 05/01/2020
- Missing From Mill Spring, Missouri
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/24/1986 (37)
- Age 34 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a black and white woven pullover shirt, blue work pants, black boots, sunglasses and a necklace with a wisdom tree on it.
- Medical Conditions Chapman was taking medication at the time of his disappearance, for unspecified reasons. His medication was left behind.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Burgundy 1995 Ford Escort (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Chapman's nickname is Pat. He has the following tattoos: a cross with the words "RIP Buddy" on the back of his right shoulder, a sun or circular saw blade on his back between his shoulder blades, and his last name "Chapman" in blue and black ink on his the inside of his right forearm. A photo of the forearm tattoo is posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Chapman was last seen at a family friend's house in Mill Spring, Missouri on May 1, 2020. He has never been heard from again. His vehicle, a burgundy 1995 Ford Escort, disappeared with him; a photo of it is posted with this case summary.
On May 29, Chapman's car was found abandoned on four-wheeler path in a heavily wooded area of the Mark Twain National Forest, less than two miles from where he was last seen, not far from the Mill Spring Cemetery. It's a very rural, heavily wooded area with very rough terrain, and without cellular phone service.
There was severe damage to the vehicle's bumper and all the tires were flat, and inside the car were Chapman's wallet, identification, medication and other belongings. His car keys and cellular phone are still missing, however.
Chapman had been divorced since 2011, but he kept in regular touch with his son. A tow truck driver, he had been known to go camping or stay with friends, so he wasn't immediately reported missing. The reported was filed on May 30. Since Chapman's disappearance, his bank account has not been touched. His case remains unsolved.
- Wayne County Sheriff's Department 573-224-3219
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 10, 2021; casefile added.