Paul David Sanders
Paul, circa 2001; Age-progression to age 37 (circa 2021)
- Missing Since 08/12/2001
- Missing From Mesa, Arizona
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Biracial, Hispanic, White
- Date of Birth 04/25/1984 (39)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 145 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A medium blue t-shirt with the word "Billabong" across the front, dark-colored denim shorts and white K-Swiss shoes.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Silver Chevrolet pickup truck (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Hispanic) male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Paul may use the last names Brewer, Hernandez and/or Sanders-Brewer. He has a tattoo of the name "Hernandez" in the center of his back.
Details of Disappearance
Paul got into an argument with his father at their home left his home in the 3800 block of East Carol Circle in Mesa, Arizona on the evening of August 11, 2001. That night or early the next morning, he left home driving his father's silver Chevrolet pickup truck. On August 12, he visited his grandmother in Globe, Arizona. He was last seen after he left her home.
On August 14, Paul's father's truck was pulled over for a minor traffic violation in Tucson, Arizona. Before the responding officer could confirm the driver's identity, the truck drove away and a high-speed chase ensued. Police were unable to catch the driver and the chase was called off due to inclement weather.
The next morning, the vehicle was found wrecked and abandoned on the side of a steep hill in a remote area in the Sierra Catalina Mountains. Paul's wallet, driver's license and cellular phone were under the seat and the keys were on the console. He had cashed his last paycheck from work the day before he went missing, but the cash wasn't found in his wallet.
Paul was raised by a single mother in Missouri, before moving in with his father in the summer of 2000. He attended Globe High School in 2001. He enjoyed playing multiple sports, including football and basketball, and hoped to be able to attend college on an athletic scholarship.
His sister does not believe he would have run away without contacting their mother at some point. His case remains unsolved.
- Mesa Police Department 480-644-2211
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 27, 2022; age-progression updated.