Peggy Ann Cottrell
Cottrell, circa 2001
- Missing Since 05/26/2001
- Missing From Marshalltown, Iowa
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/26/1934 (88)
- Age 66 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'7, 167 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white sweater with a pink and blue design, and dark-colored slacks.
- Medical Conditions Cottrell is in need of medication for unspecified reasons. She received her last dose at noon on the day of her disappearance. If she does not take her medicine as directed, she may become depressed or confused.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Graying black hair, brown eyes. Cottrell's ears are pierced. She wears eyeglasses. She may use the last names Dickenson and/or Rowan.
Details of Disappearance
Cottrell resided at the Southridge Nursing Home in Marshalltown, Iowa. A relative dropped her off at the facility during the early evening hours of May 26, 2001.
She was last seen running away from the home only minutes later, at approximately 6:30 p.m. Authorities believe that she left of her own accord. She has never been heard from again.
A fisherman discovered Cottrell's purse along the banks of the Iowa River several weeks after she was reported missing. Her identification and cash were inside the handbag. Her case remains unsolved.
- Marshalltown Police Department 640-754-5725
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 23, 2007; alternate height added, distinguishing characteristics and medical conditions updated.