Penney Faye Cruser
Cruser, circa 1997
- Missing Since 03/21/1997
- Missing From Spokane, Washington
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/23/1966 (57)
- Age 30 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 100 pounds
- Medical Conditions Cruser suffers from schizophrenia, which she often left untreated because she disliked taking medication. She was off her medication at the time of her disappearance. Cruser used illicit drugs in 1997. She is classified as disabled.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Cruser has the following tattoos: a butterfly on the inside of her right ear, the names "Rodney" and "Arthur" on her ankles, and a cat on her pelvis. She has previously broken her nose and right hand. Cruser speaks with a soft voice. She has four missing teeth, and several dental crowns and fillings.
Details of Disappearance
Cruser's family last heard from her when she called them on the phone just before Christmas in 1996. She told them her toddler-age son was in state custody and she was anxious about it and wanted to get him back. She also said she'd stopped taking the medication for her schizophrenia. Her family never heard from her again. She was reported missing in March 1997.
Cruser frequented Sprague Avenue and Pittsburgh Street in Spokane before her disappearance. She went to the Hoot Owl Club and other clubs on east Sprague.
She received disability payments in 1997 due to her mental illness, and may have been involved in prostitution. Her family stated she would accept car rides from anyone and she usually carried a weapon. Her case remains unsolved.
- Spokane Police Department 509-625-4041
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 30, 2016; picture added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.