Peter Joseph Bonick
Peter, circa 1970
- Missing Since 02/22/1970
- Missing From San Mateo, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/06/1953 (70)
- Age 17 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 175 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A beige or yellow shirt and blue jeans.
- Medical Conditions Peter suffers from scoliosis; as a result, one of his shoulder blades is larger and/or higher than the other.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Sandy blond hair, blue/green eyes. Peter's nickname is Pete. He has a chipped upper front tooth.
Details of Disappearance
Peter disappeared from his residence in the vicinity of the 2000 block of Ginnever Street in San Mateo, California during the morning hours of February 22, 1970. He was later seen hitchhiking on State Route 92, possibly en route to Half Moon Bay, California.
Two friends reported seeing him a month later at the Mayfair Market. He has never been heard from again.
Peter was staying at a children's home and was on a weekend pass when he disappeared. His friend, Richard Lamson, disappeared at the same time he did. Authorities believe they left together. Few details are available in their cases.
- San Mateo Police Department 650-522-7700
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 26, 2013; clothing/jewelry description added, details of disappearance updated.