Phillip John Koss
Koss, circa 1995; Age-progressions to an unknown age
- Missing Since 03/13/1995
- Missing From Fort Myers, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/20/1970 (52)
- Age 24 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0 - 6'1, 190 - 205 pounds
- Medical Conditions Koss had a nervous breakdown prior to his disappearance.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Red 1991 Geo Metro sedan (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Koss may use the last name Wolf. His nicknames are Phil and Ace. He wears wire-framed eyeglasses. Koss has previously fractured both wrists. He has a pockmark and a three-inch scar on his upper left arm, and a one-inch scar on the bridge of his nose. He may wear his hair in various lengths and styles.
Details of Disappearance
Koss was last seen in the evening hours of March 13, 1995, leaving the vicinity of the 400 block of Van Buren Street in Fort Myers, Florida. He has never been heard from again.
On March 25, his red 1991 Geo Metro sedan was located abandoned in the Meadows subdivision on Longmeadow Boulevard in Sarasota, Florida, near his mother's home. There was no sign of Koss at the scene, but his wallet was inside the car.
After graduating from Pine View High School, Koss studied music and mechanical engineering at the University of Florida and played the violin in the Gainesville Chamber Orchestra. He had a nervous breakdown and moved into a Fort Myers group home, the now-defunct Mental Health Halfway House, where he was still living when he disappeared.
There were a few reported sightings of Koss in the local area in 1995 and 1996, but these were never confirmed, and the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear. His case remains unsolved.
- Fort Myers Police Department 239-334-4155
Updated 9 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 14, 2013; details of disappearance updated.