Ralph Andrew Finley
Finley, circa 1983
- Missing Since 08/29/1983
- Missing From Key West, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/16/1954 (68)
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10 - 6'0, 145 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) 16-foot fiberglass boat (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Finley was last seen in Key West, Florida on August 29, 1983. He and a coworker left Key West in a sixteen-foot fiberglass boat to take a ride around the island. The boat ran aground in shallow water in the vicinity of Garrison Bright Channel, north of Flaming Key, and got stuck.
The two men spent the night in the vessel, and decided to swim to shore the next morning. They were attempting to swim across Flaming Key Channel when Finley said "I'm drowning." His coworker told him to take off his shoes and clothing. He saw Finley continuing to swim towards shore, but then Finley disappeared.
Finley had moved to the area only a month before his disappearance, and worked as a nurse's aide at a nursing home next to the hospital on Stock Island. He is presumed to have drowned, but remains classified as a missing person.
- Monroe County Sheriff Office 305-619-0779
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 19, 2018; details of disappearance updated.