Ralph Edward Healey
Healey, circa 2006
- Missing Since 09/02/2006
- Missing From El Reno, Oklahoma
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/21/1936 (87)
- Age 70 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'6, 185 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue pocket t-shirt, blue jeans, black sneakers with velcro fasteners and a white baseball cap with a red bill.
- Medical Conditions Healey suffers from diabetes and a heart condition and requires medication for these conditions. His family stated he always took his medicine as prescribed.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, brown eyes. Healey is slightly balding, and he has a mustache and sideburns.
Details of Disappearance
Healey was last seen in El Reno, Oklahoma on December 4, 2009. He is self-employed truck driver, hauling cattle on routes to Kansas and Texas, and kept his trailer parked at a truck stop west of town, and his tractor at his rural home, a double-wide trailer in the 14300 block of west State Highway 66.
The day of his disappearance, Healey ate breakfast at an El Reno restaurant, got gas for his personal pickup truck, and then went to the bank in Union City, Oklahoma. He called a friend on his cellular phone at 11:20 a.m. and spoke about washing his tractor-trailer rig later that day. This was the last contact with him; he has never been heard from again.
Healey was reported missing after he didn't show up for a scheduled run. His tractor and his personal pickup truck were parked at his residence and his elderly Dachshund dog, whom he always took with him when he traveled, was also left behind at home.
The dog was extremely weak when it was found; it died nine days later. Since his disappearance, Healey's truck and his tractor-trailer rig have both been repossessed.
Prior to his disappearance, Healey regularly visited the Lucky Star, a local casino. He occasionally won substantial sums of money; the summer before his disappearance he won $20,000 one night and $10,000 on another night. There were rumors that he won over $90,000 shortly before his disappearance.
He sometimes bragged about his winnings, and there is speculation that he was robbed and killed. There is no record that he visited the casino the day before his disappearance, however. Healey's other hobbies include hunting and fishing. His case remains unsolved.
- Canadian County Sheriff's Office 405-422-3183
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 20, 2010; casefile added.